Immagrants in Education
Preliminary Plans for My Immigrant Case Study Project
1. I will interview a female syrian in her late 20s. She lives in santa cruz, and has an elementary school aged son. She speaks English fluently and is very articulate.
2. excluding extreame circumstances, such as death, I will have convient access to this person.
3. I plan to conduct several interviews with one individual.
4. My interviewee is someone that I first met concurrently with the commencement of the fall quarter.
5. I plan to tape record the interviews.
6. because her schooling in America started with higer education, questions will focus on her experiences growing up in Syria versus what she precieved the American experience to be. Questions will also focus on the differences between her school experience, and the experience of others in her country.
Additionally, It may be possible to learn about her son’s experiences in an American school as compared to her own experiences.
Naturally, questions about her adjustment to life in the United states will be included as well, although her school experiences will remain the focus of the case study.
7. I work best by myself, so I am planning on doing my research solo.
8. Although I don’t have exact call numbers, I think it would be most beneficial to check out some books about Syria, or possibly Syrian education system specifically.